Have you heard of Google Flights? It’s the newest feature launched by the popular search engine giant, and it’s already a huge hit. We know funds in college can be low, but why miss out on a great trip? Whether you just want to visit family or friends at another school or even plan an epic Spring Break, Google Flights is here to help! Filled with great features like price alerts, price comparisons, and price monitoring, Google Flights can help any college student travel on a budget.
Google Flights makes you as certified to plan your own trips as ANY travel agent circa 2002 (before the internet blew up and made being a travel agent obsolete.) Some of the cool new features include:
Image courtesy of moyan brenn
- There is a button that tells you when prices are most likely to skyrocket. These heavenly god sent notifications don’t always appear, so you need to so be on the look-out!
- If you are feeling adventurous, there is an “I’m feeling lucky” section so you can sit back and let Google plan everything out. You do nothing and it all works out, easy enough right?
- Like most travel planning sites it includes a “best flight” box that highlights the best price/quickest time.
- If you don’t have a specific date in mind, there are “tips” that alert you for things like if there are cheaper flights around those set of dates.
- FINALLY, they have a button that lets you track a flight you like and they will send you magical emails if the price dramatically dips (so you can save your money for food and drinks!)
So next time you’re planning a trip to go see an old friend or family member, and don’t want to break the bank, or spend 7 hours on the travel planning sites. Don’t forget to use Google Flights! It is the fastest, easiest way to travel and will bring you an experience like no other website.
Top image courtesy of josephdepalma