Sick of studying this midterm? Well on the bright-side it is Fall! Why not do something fun for the season? Read this How-To make a Fall Treat for cheap created by your favorite four blogging Communication students and indulge in a yummy dessert. You deserve it. The recipe idea was inspired by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen – check out her page for great content. Many thanks to the great recipe!
Prep Time and Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients you need:
- 5 Apples (insider tip: use Fuji apples for a tart flavor and Gala for a sweet flavor)
- Package of Wilton Bamboo Lollipop Sticks (only $3.97 at Walmart)
- Quart of Milk (Generic/Store brand is usually cheapest)
- Caramel 14 oz.
Add whichever toppings you like and prefer but here are some of our favorites!
- Fruity Pebbles
- Captain Crunch
- M and Ms
- Hazelnut Spread
- Wash and dry apples
- In medium size pot, set heat to low, melt caramel and milk stirring frequently until fully melted.
- Insert stick to top center of apple.
- Dip apples into caramel mixed until completely covered
- Let excess caramel drip off onto plate.
- Roll apple in toppings before caramel hardens.
- Let cool in refrigerator for an hour.
Now that you have everything you need, go make your specialized caramel apples and enjoy a break from studying with your cheap fall treat!
Image courtesy of mdiaz9